Date and time
Recent on TwitterFollow @UWswing
- Taught the hawk variation on the inside turn, all of the follows screamed. It was awesome :P
- It's rainy out, so dance! UW Swing Club lessons start today at noon! Lots of lindy :)
- Movie night at Hep Cat's studio tonight at 8:30. Playing 'Singing in the Rain', you should come!
The University of Waterloo Swing Dance Club promotes Swing dancing in Kitchener-Waterloo. We offer weekly beginner and intermediate lessons for students to dive into the dance as well as to broaden their vocabulary of moves. Our focus is to teach this dance in a relaxed, playful, and student-friendly environment. We’re an open and approachable group, so if you have a question about dance, jazz music, or anything at all, just ask!
Founded in 1998, the UW Swing Club has been the source of many Kitchener-Waterloo swing dancers. Our executive team has a collective experience of troupe performance, international workshops and events, and working with the world’s greatest swing dancers. They travel to other local dance scenes in Hamilton, Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal to bring new ideas to the lessons. We also highly encourage club members to travel to meet as many dancers as possible.
The Executive Team
- Ann Sychterz: President/Co-instructor
- Nigel Swytink-Binnema: Finances
- Jason Olsthoorn: Events and Planning
- John Ladan: Instructor
And you can sign up for our mailing list by emailing us too.
Last updated: May 7, 2013